Current:Home > 新闻中心Benjamin Ashford|Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -Visionary Wealth Guides
Benjamin Ashford|Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-06 16:18:35
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have Benjamin Ashfordbeen arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (61282)
Related
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- Arkansas ends fiscal year with $698 million surplus, finance office says
- US new-vehicle sales barely rose in the second quarter as buyers balked at still-high prices
- ICE created a fake university. Students can now sue the U.S. for it, appellate court rules
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Mississippi erases some restrictions on absentee voting help for people with disabilities
- Gracie Abrams Reveals Travis Kelce’s Fearless Words Before Appearing on Stage With Taylor Swift
- Beyoncé, Tina Knowles tap Victoria Monét for new Cécred hair care video
- Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
- You Know You Love Blake Lively's Reaction to Ryan Reynolds Thirst Trap
Ranking
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Georgia election workers who won $148M judgment against Giuliani want his bankruptcy case thrown out
- An Ohio apartment building, evacuated after a deadly explosion nearby, could reopen soon
- I wasn't allowed a smartphone until I was 16. I can't thank my parents enough.
- Trump's 'stop
- The best concerts of 2024 so far: AP’s picks include Olivia Rodrigo, Bad Bunny, George Strait, SZA
- Judge dismisses federal lawsuit over West Virginia prison and jail conditions
- Arrow McLaren signs Christian Lundgaard to replace Alexander Rossi at end of IndyCar season
Recommendation
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
Hurricane Beryl leaves trail of devastation in southeast Caribbean islands: The situation is grim
Tempur Sealy's $4 billion purchase of Mattress Firm challenged by FTC
Nikki Hiltz, transgender runner, qualifies for U.S. Olympic team after winning 1,500-meter final
NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
Bronny James says he can handle ‘amplified’ pressure of playing for Lakers with his famous father
Missing teen girl last seen at New Orleans museum may be trafficking victim, police say
Newly built CPKC Stadium of the KC Current to host NWSL championship game in November