Current:Home > NewsPredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center:Cassie Ventura reacts to Sean "Diddy" Combs video of apparent attack in hotel -Visionary Wealth Guides
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center:Cassie Ventura reacts to Sean "Diddy" Combs video of apparent attack in hotel
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 06:00:44
Cassie Ventura has reacted to newly released surveillance video that appears to show her ex-boyfriend Sean "Diddy" Combs attacking her in a hotel. The PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Centersinger, who previously sued the rapper and businessman for years of alleged abuse, thanked people for the outpouring of support.
Ventura's November lawsuit against Combs was settled the day after it was filed, but Combs soon faced several more suits and a federal criminal sex-trafficking investigation.
In her suit, Cassie describes a 2016 incident at an InterContinental Hotel in the Century City area of Los Angeles, which matches the details of the surveillance video recently released by CNN. The suit alleges Combs paid the hotel $50,000 for the security video and is unclear how CNN obtained it. Combs has denied the allegations in the lawsuit.
Combs has since posted a video on social media apologizing for the incident in the video, saying his behavior was "inexcusable" and he takes "full responsibility" for his actions.
Now, Ventura, 37, has broken her silence, sharing a statement on social media Thursday. "The outpouring of love has created a place for my younger self to settle and feel safe now, but this is only the beginning," she wrote.
"Domestic violence is THE issue. It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become," she said. "With a lot of hard work, I am better today but I will always be recovering from my past."
She asked people to open their hearts and believe victims. "It takes a lot of heart to tell the truth about a situation that you were powerless in," she said.
Following the release of the video, Douglas Wigdor, an attorney for Cassie who has filed other lawsuits against Combs, released a statement calling it "gut-wrenching."
The video "has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of Mr. Combs," he said. "Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this to light."
Combs has faced several allegations since Ventura filed her lawsuit in November. A woman alleged he sexually assaulted her in 1991 and another claimed he and two other men raped her when she was 17 in 2003. Combs' legal team have taken action to dismiss parts or the entirety of these suits.
In March, search warrants of his Los Angeles and Miami homes were conducted by Homeland Security in their sex-trafficking investigation, which is continuing.
Combs has not been charged and his lawyer said the investigation is a "a gross use of military-level force."
Caitlin O'KaneCaitlin O'Kane is a New York City journalist who works on the CBS News social media team as a eenior manager of content and production. She writes about a variety of topics and produces "The Uplift," CBS News' streaming show that focuses on good news.
veryGood! (45)
Related
- North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
- Mother leaves her 2 babies inside idling unlocked car while she goes to a bar
- ‘I wanted to scream': Growing conflict in Congo drives sexual assault against displaced women
- Activists demand transparency over Malaysia’s move to extend Lynas Rare Earth’s operations
- Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
- Jury selection continues in trial of boat captain in 2019 fire that killed 34 passengers
- Senate panel OKs Lew to be ambassador to Israel, and a final confirmation vote could come next week
- Houston’s Hobby airport resumes flights after two planes clip wings on an airport runway
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- Dwayne Johnson's Wax Figure Gets an Update After Museum's Honest Mistake
Ranking
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Australia state visit to feature talk of submarines and tech partnerships — and a lavish dinner
- ‘Shaft’ star Richard Roundtree, considered the ‘first Black action’ movie hero, has died at 81
- The US is sharing hard lessons from urban combat in Iraq and Syria as Israel prepares to invade Gaza
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Rents are falling in major cities. Here are 24 metro areas where tenants are paying less this year.
- Ohio State's Ryan Day: Helmet technology should be considered to limit sign-stealing
- Swastika found carved into playground equipment at suburban Chicago school
Recommendation
Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
Nashville police chief's son, wanted in police officers shooting, found dead: 'A tragic end'
Serbia and Kosovo leaders set for talks on the sidelines of this week’s EU summit as tensions simmer
Home Depot employee accused of embezzling $1.2 million from company, police say
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
Russian parliament’s upper house rescinds ratification of global nuclear test ban
Hong Kong cuts taxes for foreign home buyers and stock traders as it seeks to maintain global status
Colorado man dies in skydiving accident in Seagraves, Texas: He 'loved to push the limits'