Current:Home > FinancePoinbank Exchange|Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -Visionary Wealth Guides
Poinbank Exchange|Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 16:57:51
Frankie Valli is Poinbank Exchangegetting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (34346)
Related
- Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
- Georgia State University is planning a $107M remake of downtown Atlanta
- Women suing over Idaho’s abortion ban describe dangerous pregnancies, becoming ‘medical refugees’
- Military veteran gets time served for making ricin out of ‘curiosity’
- Stamford Road collision sends motorcyclist flying; driver arrested
- FBI offers up to $25,000 reward for information about suspect behind Northwest ballot box fires
- 2025 NFL mock draft: QBs Shedeur Sanders, Cam Ward crack top five
- Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul VIP fight package costs a whopping $2M. Here's who bought it.
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Nicky Hilton Shares Her Christmas Plans With Paris, the Secret To Perfect Skin & More Holiday Gift Picks
Ranking
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- California researchers discover mysterious, gelatinous new sea slug
- Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul VIP fight package costs a whopping $2M. Here's who bought it.
- Detroit-area police win appeal over liability in death of woman in custody
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- Volunteer firefighter accused of setting brush fire on Long Island
- US overdose deaths are down, giving experts hope for an enduring decline
- John Krasinski is People's Sexiest Man Alive. What that says about us.
Recommendation
Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
‘Emilia Pérez’ wouldn’t work without Karla Sofía Gascón. Now, she could make trans history
Mega Millions winning numbers for November 12 drawing: Jackpot rises to $361 million
Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn’s SKIMS Holiday Pajamas Are Selling Out Fast—Here’s What’s Still Available
Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
Inflation ticked up in October, CPI report shows. What happens next with interest rates?
Special counsel Smith asks court to pause appeal seeking to revive Trump’s classified documents case
'This dude is cool': 'Cross' star Aldis Hodge brings realism to literary detective