Current:Home > reviewsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Visionary Wealth Guides
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Poinbank Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 05:38:44
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1)
Related
- Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
- Children and adults transported to a Pennsylvania hospital after ingesting ‘toxic mushrooms’
- Transit systems are targeting fare evaders to win back riders leery about crime
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donate $1 million to Hurricane Milton, Helene relief fund
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Olivia Wilde’s Daughter Daisy Looks So Grown Up in Rare Birthday Photo
- Tennessee to launch $100M loan program to help with Hurricane Helene cleanup
- Sister Wives Star Kody Brown’s Daughter Mykelti Lashes Out Against Him After Previous Support
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Suspect in deadly Minnesota crash convicted of federal gun and drug charges
Ranking
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Ex-US Army soldier asks for maximum 40 years in prison but gets a 14-year term for IS plot
- MLB moves start of Tigers-Guardians decisive ALDS Game 5 from night to day
- Millions still without power after Milton | The Excerpt
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- Road rage shooting in LA leaves 1 dead, shuts down Interstate 5 for hours
- Walz tramps through tall grass on Minnesota’s pheasant hunting season opener but bags no birds
- North Dakota’s abortion ban will remain on hold during court appeal
Recommendation
Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
US Justice Department says Virginia is illegally striking voters off the rolls in new lawsuit
Ohio State and Oregon has more than Big Ten, College Football Playoff implications at stake
1 person killed and at least 12 wounded in shooting at Oklahoma City party
2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
Fisher-Price recalls over 2 million ‘Snuga Swings’ following the deaths of 5 infants
Ole Miss releases statement addressing 'feigned injuries'
The 2 people killed after a leak at a Texas oil refinery worked for a maintenance subcontractor