Current:Home > FinanceEthermac|Investment group buying Red Lobster names former PF Chang's executive as next CEO -Visionary Wealth Guides
Ethermac|Investment group buying Red Lobster names former PF Chang's executive as next CEO
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 18:48:28
The Ethermacinvestment group aiming to purchase Red Lobster after it emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy named who it wants to helm the company Monday.
Fortress Investment Group announced that former P.F. Chang's CEO Damola Adamolekun will take on the same role at RL Investor Holdings LLC, the company Fortress created to purchase the seafood restaurant.
"Red Lobster’s future is brighter now than ever before – I cannot wait to get started on our investment plan, and to get out and meet diners across the USA and Canada," Adamolekun said in a media release announcing the decision.
Adamolekun worked as CEO and Chief Strategy Officer of P.F. Chang's and was a partner at Paulson & Co., a New York investment firm and the chain's principal owner, according to the release.
The Red Lobster takeover marks the latest in a string of acquisitions by Fortress including Vice Media and Alamo Drafthouse, which was later sold to Sony Pictures Entertainment, Reuters reported.
"Fortress has a strong track record of operating and improving iconic American restaurants, and Damola’s energy, leadership and experience will be key to restoring Red Lobster’s status as an iconic and admired American brand," Morgan McClure, Managing Director at Fortress said in the release.
Red Lobster closes locations as bankruptcy proceedings continue
Red Lobster filed for bankruptcy on May 19 after closing dozens of locations and announcing that it intended to "drive operational improvements" by simplifying the business. Documents later filed in federal court revealed that the bankruptcy was primarily due to significant debt, a carousel of CEOs, an all-you-can-eat shrimp fiasco and a 30% drop in guests since 2019.
RL Investor Holdings, previously known as RL Purchaser LLC and consists of Red Lobster's lenders, bid $376 million to acquire the company's remaining assets, according to the Orlando Business Journal.
Fortress said in the announcement that Red Lobster will operate as an independent company with 544 locations in 44 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
In a 23-page court document filed Aug. 22 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Orlando-based company said it is rejecting the leases of an additional 23 locations by Saturday, Aug. 31, bringing the total number of closed restaurants to 129.
Contributing: Natalie Neysa Alund and Gabe Hauari, USA TODAY.
veryGood! (26)
Related
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Hot Diggity Dog! Disney & Columbia Just Dropped the Cutest Fall Collab, With Styles for the Whole Family
- It's Banned Books Week: Most challenged titles and how publishers are pushing back
- Anna Delvey's 'DWTS' run ends in elimination: She never stood a chance against critics.
- US wholesale inflation accelerated in November in sign that some price pressures remain elevated
- Pennsylvania high court asked to keep counties from tossing ballots lacking a date
- The Masked Singer Reveals That Made Fans' Jaws Drop
- Kentucky sheriff charged with fatally shooting a judge pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- The Masked Singer Reveals That Made Fans' Jaws Drop
Ranking
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- There's NIL and Pac-12 drama plus an Alabama-Georgia showdown leading the College Football Fix
- San Diego Padres clinch postseason berth after triple play against Los Angeles Dodgers
- Oklahoma Gov. Stitt returns to work after getting stent in blocked artery
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- It’s time to roll up sleeves for new COVID, flu shots
- How to get rid of motion sickness, according to the experts
- Resentencing for Lee Malvo postponed in Maryland after Virginia says he can’t attend in person
Recommendation
Bodycam footage shows high
Wisconsin man charged in 1985 killing of college student whose body was decapitated
Whoopi Goldberg Defends Taylor Swift From NFL Fans Blaming Singer for Travis Kelce's Performance
Colorado man’s malicious prosecution lawsuit over charges in his wife’s death was dismissed
Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
En busca de soluciones para los parques infantiles donde el calor quema
Cal State campuses brace for ‘severe consequences’ as budget gap looms
Back with the Chiefs, running back Kareem Hunt wants to prove he’s matured, still has something left