Current:Home > MyAlgosensey|Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -Visionary Wealth Guides
Algosensey|Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 18:55:45
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have Algosenseybeen arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (6)
Related
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Amazon Shoppers Say These Gorgeous Gold Earrings Don't Tarnish— Get the Set on Sale Ahead of Prime Day
- SAG-AFTRA officials recommend strike after contracts expire without new deal
- Inside Clean Energy: What’s a Virtual Power Plant? Bay Area Consumers Will Soon Find Out.
- Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
- Shoppers Say This Tula Eye Cream Is “Magic in a Bottle”: Don’t Miss This 2 for the Price of 1 Deal
- Get $115 Worth of MAC Cosmetics Products for Just $61 Before This Deal Disappears
- Titanic Submersible Disappearance: “Underwater Noises” Heard Amid Massive Search
- A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
- Australia's central bank says it will remove the British monarchy from its bank notes
Ranking
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Ecocide: Should Destruction of the Planet Be a Crime?
- Turbulence during Allegiant Air flight hospitalizes 4 in Florida
- Justice Dept to appeal length of prison sentences for Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers for Jan. 6 attack
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- Celsius founder Alex Mashinsky arrested and charged with fraud
- Inside Clean Energy: The Coal-Country Utility that Wants to Cut Coal
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Why She Deleted TikTok of North West Rapping Ice Spice Lyrics
Recommendation
Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
Inside Clean Energy: Biden’s Climate Plan Shows Net Zero is Now Mainstream
In the Arctic, Less Sea Ice and More Snow on Land Are Pushing Cold Extremes to Eastern North America
50-pound rabid beaver attacks girl swimming in Georgia lake; father beats animal to death
The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
Is Jenna Ortega Returning to You? Watch the Eyebrow-Raising Teaser for Season 5
Disney CEO Bob Iger extends contract for an additional 2 years, through 2026
MyPillow is auctioning equipment after a sales slump. Mike Lindell blames cancel culture.