Current:Home > MySean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -Visionary Wealth Guides
Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Surpassing View
Date:2025-04-06 20:37:50
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (3)
Related
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- Coach Outlet's New Y2K Shop Has 70% Off Deals on Retro-Inspired Styles
- Why Pat Sajak's Daughter Maggie Is Stepping in for Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune
- CDC issues new opioid prescribing guidance, giving doctors more leeway to treat pain
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Joran van der Sloot, prime suspect in Natalee Holloway's 2005 disappearance, pleads not guilty to extortion charges
- Teen Activists Worldwide Prepare to Strike for Climate, Led by Greta Thunberg
- Today’s Climate: August 18, 2010
- Backstage at New York's Jingle Ball with Jimmy Fallon, 'Queer Eye' and Meghan Trainor
- Joran van der Sloot, prime suspect in Natalee Holloway's 2005 disappearance, pleads not guilty to extortion charges
Ranking
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- In Georgia, Kemp and Abrams underscore why governors matter
- Why Christine Quinn's Status With Chrishell Stause May Surprise You After Selling Sunset Feud
- $45 million misconduct settlement for man paralyzed in police van largest in nation's history, lawyers say
- Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
- Want to get better at being thankful? Here are some tips
- Too Hot to Handle's Francesca Farago Shares Plans to Freeze Eggs After Jesse Sullivan Engagement
- ZeaChem CEO: Sound Cellulosic Biofuel Solutions Will Proceed Without U.S. Subsidies
Recommendation
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Francia Raisa Pleads With Critics to Stop Online Bullying Amid Selena Gomez Drama
Yes, Color Correction for Your Teeth Is a Thing: Check Out This Product With 6,700+ 5-Star Reviews
NOAA’s Acting Chief Floated New Mission, Ignoring Climate Change
What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
Bryan Cranston says he will soon take a break from acting
What Donald Trump's latest indictment means for him — and for 2024
Stop hurting your own feelings: Tips on quashing negative self-talk