Current:Home > MyTaylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Milton and Hurricane Helene Victims -Visionary Wealth Guides
Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Milton and Hurricane Helene Victims
Charles H. Sloan View
Date:2025-04-06 15:43:03
Taylor Swift is supporting those facing a difficult situation.
The "Fortnight" singer has made a $5 million donation to the charity Feeding America—a nationwide network of food banks, food pantries and local meal programs—to aid those in need due to Hurricane Helene and Hurricane Milton, which is expected to make landfall in Florida Oct. 9.
"This contribution will help communities rebuild and recover," CEO of Feeding America Claire Babineaux-Fontenot said in Instagram statement Oct. 9, "providing essential food, clean water, and supplies to people affected by these devastating storms."
She added, "Together, we can make a real impact in supporting families as they navigate the challenges ahead. Thank you, Taylor, for standing with us in the movement to end hunger and for helping communities in need."
The musician's fans were equally in awe of Taylor's generosity, taking to the comments to praise her for the donation.
"Thank you Taylor for using your platform for good," one fan wrote, while another added, "@taylorswift thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of our neighbors in 24 counties. You always bring love and hope."
As one fan succinctly put it, "That's my queen."
This is hardly the first time the "Karma" singer has shown her incredibly giving nature, having donated to Hurricane Harvey relief in 2017 and giving $1 million to those affected by the Nashville tornadoes in March 2020.
"Nashville is my home and the fact that so many people have lost their homes and so much more in Middle Tennessee is devastating to me," Taylor wrote on Instagram Stories at the time. "I've made a donation to the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund. If you'd like to do the same, swipe up."
Earlier this year, Taylor also donated $100,000 to a GoFundMe for the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a 43-year-old DJ who was killed during a mass shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl Day parade where her boyfriend Travis Kelce was present.
"Sending my deepest sympathies," she wrote on the page, "and condolences in the wake of your devastating loss."
Taylor has also shown her generosity throughout her Eras Tour, donating money to food banks along her tour route, with the Associated Press estimating that she has "donated the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of meals to help feed the growing number of Americans grappling with rising food and housing costs."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (78)
Related
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- UAW’s push to unionize factories in South faces latest test in vote at 2 Mercedes plants in Alabama
- College professor to stand trial in death of pro-Israel counter-protester last year
- Widespread power outages, risk of tornadoes as Houston area gets pummeled again by thunderstorms
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Shaken by the Fico assassination attempt, the EU wonders if June elections can be free of violence
- A look at high-profile political assassinations and attempts this century
- Shop These Rare Deals on Shay Mitchell's BÉIS Before They Sell Out
- The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
- Rocky Mountains hiker disappears after texting friend he'd reached the summit of Longs Peak
Ranking
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- How we uncovered former police guns that were used in crimes
- Cardi B Shares Update on Relationship With Estranged Husband Offset
- Alaska lawmakers end their session with late bills passing on energy, education
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- Alaska lawmakers end their session with late bills passing on energy, education
- Blue Origin preparing return to crewed space flights, nearly 2 years after failed mission
- Atlanta officer charged with killing his Lyft driver
Recommendation
Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
These Beverly Hills, 90210 Secrets Are Saucier Than Kissing Your Ex at Your Best Friend's Wedding
Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's 2024 ACM Awards Date Night Is Sweet as Honey
The 'digital guillotine' and why TikTok is blocking big name celebrities
Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
McDonald's to debut new sweet treat, inspired by grandmas everywhere
Blue Origin preparing return to crewed space flights, nearly 2 years after failed mission
Filipino activists decide not to sail closer to disputed shoal, avoiding clash with Chinese ships